Friday, May 8, 2009

In order to be "too good to be true" it has to be "too good" first, right?

I have been thinking about this statement for about half a year now... in a way I have found comfort in the fact that when I find a flaw in something, by this logic above, it is real and true...nothing is perfect, and if something seems "too good", then you probably just don't know it well enough yet. Very pragmatic of me... if I do say so myself. In a strange way I am comforted by imperfections. As imperfect as the world is, finding and dealing with issues, loss, and emotions is a necessary part of life, and I have come to realize over the past 4 years that handling these imperfections has made me gain a certain clarity about my relationship with the world and others. I am stronger and more solid and so are many of these relationships. My heart has opened and I have become more free...

Enough waxing for today...

I got the results of my diagnostics back yesterday and there is apparently nothing wrong with my digestion or really anything that would be causing my weight loss... as I had hoped, I am merely just pretty healthy I guess... yay! I have thought about this a bit and am kind of cynical about the situation... after the bouts of depression that I have felt over the past 4 years.. all the loss of people dear to me, frustration in personal relationships.. I could go on... anywho, after all this strife, I finally start to feel happy and healthy and smile and... gasp! silence.... something must be wrong!!!!

All I can do is laugh at this.. I am quite silly with myself sometimes. I look and feel great (for the most part) and I swear something must be wrong with me... but to be too good to be true, it has to be too good first, right? Good thing I still have a little loss and frustration to keep me in the true.

No comments:

Post a Comment