Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Relative to the Squeezable Recipe Below...

So, I discovered that these Enchiladas below are really really good cold, sliced, as hors d'ourves... I am taking them to a Naked Lady party tonight...

Also, I found a great quote in this book that I am reading right now... It's called "The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry" by Kathleen Flynn.. it is about her adventures at French Culinary school during a transition point in her life. She was just fired from her job in London as a Marketing Exec and her love, Mike is in Seattle on his way to come live with her in Paris... The title refers to cutting an onion... if you cut with a dull knife, you rupture the cells of the onion and release the oils that make you tear up... good to know.

Anywho, this excerpt is about love and puff pastry... I liked it a lot, as I am a bit scared of puff pastry...

"I open the fridge and eat the last wedge of quiche as I draw a hot bath. In the tub, I read Ecsoffier's instructions on puff pastry. One day, I'll get it right. I sink into the water and consider Chef Bertrand's comment that pastry is like people.

You can't hurry love, and you can't rush puff pastry either. You can knead too much, and you can be too needy. Always, warmth is what brings pastry to rise. Chemistry creates something amazing; coupled with care and heat, it works some kind of magic to create this satisfying, welcoming, and nourishing thing that is the base of life."

...Words to bake by.

No comments:

Post a Comment