Thursday, January 15, 2009

My sweet things...















So I think just now this lazy lil hound dog of mine (Namah) took the prize as the cutest thing that I have seen since I left Denver from my Holiday... I swear I did not stage this photo... he actually climbed up on the couch to snuggle with his golden bear... Love that dog. Regarding the Denver Holiday mentioned before.... t'was a blast! (understatement) I met so many wonderfully down new friends. I fell in love again with Colorado and I will definitely be moving there in the near future. Namah's gonna love it...


So, my holiday adventures really started with the Christmas Jam in Asheville, NC. Which could have possibly been one of the funnest times I have ever had. For 1) the music was stellar. Heavy on the Zep, just how I like it...Pictures, and 2) the whole trip was so solid. From the chill time at Kyle's parent's place to the BBQ buffet in the back hills of South Carolina, to the kick ass house on a hill in Asheville... and so it began...

Denver too was solid at its core. My first Widespread Panic experience with Jimmy Herring proved to be outstanding. I met up with Cliff Paulin the night before the shows and he warned me that Jimmy would bring the heat. Highlights for me were acoustic Vacation and Arlene on NYE as well as Climb to Safety, Wonderin, and Pigeons the night before... I tried to play devils advocate and give Yonder a lil Love since all Kyle's friends were hating on them so hard, but by the end of the first night my patience was waning and after the shows I had to give it up... they really had no business at the Pepsi Center those two nights... I would have much preferred more Panic. I am looking forward to the next show... whenever that will be... Alaska has taken me out of the loop and 5 years is far to long to go without one of my favs... can't wait to make it back down to civilization. I digress... all I need is a bit of patience in this situation...

So now I am back in AK waiting for my next adventure... I will be visiting my sweetness, Kyle, in Thailand to travel around SE Asia for nearly a month. I have always dreamed of this adventure... I was reluctant to go it alone... being a lady and all... I have done some crazy things by myself in the States, but the uncertainty principle skyrockets overseas and I could never really find the right travel partner... someone with the means and the same love for adventures with an open heart and open mind... Finally it all came together and I will be actually living one of the dreams... one of the many... I knocked out a bit of Europe earlier this year with my trip to Germany with Moni pictures and it was all over from there... now it is in my system and I have a feeling it will be for a while. On the list after Thailand/ Laos... well, there is Nepal/ India, Packrafting in Croatia, beaches of Cyprus, a revisit to Hawaii, and the big one... South Africa for the world cup and Namibia, Egypt, and Morrocco for my 30th birthday... quite ambitious... let me know if you know anyone that would like to share in the journey... and keep checking in because now that the blog is up, I will keep you posted...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment